This Cranberry Orange Bread with walnuts has bright fresh flavor. Great for breakfast or a snack, gift giving, holiday brunch, or dessert!
Make it as a loaf or muffins! Easy and quick to make from scratch, it’s super moist and tender with the perfect amount of zest and just a hint of tart.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% Plain Chobani Yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped coarsely
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. In medium bowl, combine dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together Chobani and sugar. Add egg and combine. Stir in orange juice. Add dry mixture to wet mixture. Mix only until just combined. Carefully, fold in orange zest, cranberries and walnuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully invert pan to remove, and finish cooling on rack.
- Wrap in plastic and foil. This bread is extra delicious on the second day.
To store: Wrap the fresh cranberry bread in plastic wrap and store it for 2-3 days at room temperature.
To freeze: This cranberry bread freezes beautifully. Allow it to cool completely and place it in a freezer-safe bag or container. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature.
Yield: 10 (3/4-inch) slices
Total Fat: 3.5g