“Armur sandblasted my Model A wire wheels and then powder coated them. They were done quickly and the price was excellent. They turned out better than I expected. I highly recommend them.”
Armur Electrostatic Powder Coatings & Sand Blasting offers in-house media blasting for most metals, auto parts, motorcycle parts, race car parts, fencing, patio furniture, bicycle parts, and more. They also have portable sandblasting and can come to your site for specific work.
Sandblasting is the operation of forcibly propelling a stream of abrasive material against a surface under high pressure to smooth a rough surface, roughen a smooth surface, shape a surface, or remove surface contaminants.
Powder coating is a type of coating that is applied as a free-flowing, dry powder. The main difference between a conventional liquid paint and a powder coating is that the powder coating does not require a solvent to keep the binder and filler parts in a liquid suspension form. It is usually used to create a hard finish that is tougher than conventional paint.
There are several advantages of powder coating over conventional liquid coatings:
- Powder coatings emit zero or near zero volatile organic compounds (VOC).
- Powder coatings can produce much thicker coatings than conventional liquid coatings without running or sagging.
- Powder coating overspray can be recycled and thus it is possible to achieve nearly 100% use of the coating.
- Powder coating production lines produce less hazardous waste than conventional liquid coatings.
- A wide range of specialty effects is easily accomplished which would be impossible to achieve with other coating processes.
Armur has a wide selection of colors and can special order colors if it’s something they might not have in stock. The owner Jorge Murillo runs a tight operation with passion and dedication to his art and craft. They are top specialists in this industry providing shop and portable sandblasting, custom, marine, and industrial work. They even do graffiti removal. No job is too large or too small. They serve Willamette Valley and Oregon
They can be contacted via phone at (541) 689-2242 for pricing, hours, and directions to the shop at 6191 Royal Ave in Eugene, Oregon 97402.